To make your own laundry soap you will need washing soda, borax, and a bar of pure soap. Any bar of soap will work. You just don't want to use a moisturizing soap or other soaps with added ingredients. Take your bar of soap and grate it into a storage container using a cheese grater. Add two cups of borax and two cups of washing soda. Use a large spoon and mix it up. As you are mixing the ingredients up make sure that you break up any clumps in the mix. For a front loading washer you will use a tablespoon of the laundry soap. For a top loading washer you will use a quarter cup of the laundry soap. To make the liquid version of this soap. Grate the bar of soap and put it in a pot and add just enough water to cover the soap. Melt the soap on low heat. Put two cups of the washing soda and the borax into a bucket. Add some really hot water to the mix and stir it until it dissolves. Add the melted soap to the washing soda and borax. Then, fill up the bucket with three gallons of water. Stir it up really good. Let it sit for a day and then stir it up again. You can leave it a bucket with a lid or put it in laundry bottles or fabric softener bottles. Use roughly half a cup in a top loading washer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades